About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Monday 24 November 2014

Paper Plane Cafe (Parramatta, Sydney)

I think I mentioned in previous posts how food trendy Parramatta is becoming these days. One of the main reasons is this café. Since it first opened a few months ago, it has been packing it in.

Paper Plane Café is located in Horwood Place, off the main streets of Phillip Street and George Street. After seeing so many photos of the food on Instagram, I had book marked it on my list.

My first visit was breakfast on a Saturday morning. I had the Truffled Eggs which was scrambled eggs with truffle oil, tomatoes, mushrooms on organic sourdough with a side of rocket parmesan salad.

I wasn't sure if I would taste any truffle but I was wrong. The earthy flavours of the truffle oil was prevalent throughout the eggs. It certainly made the scrambled eggs a whole lot more interesting.

On my second visit, my friend and I visited for lunch. I certainly liked the look of the lunch menu which is only served from noon on the weekends. We were lucky enough not to have to wait too long for a table.

MO had the Cheeseburger - beef patty, cheese, tomato, lettuce with a side of bad boys. Honestly we must be a tad slow (duh!) because it took us a while (like a minute) to work out what bad boys meant!

She thoroughly enjoyed it, burger, chips and all!

I had the Jalapeno Popper which was another type of burger. This time it was beef patty, cream cheese, spicy jalapeno, tomato, lettuce on a brioche bun with a side of bad boys. I was initially hesitant to order this as I was worried how chilli hot the jalapeno would be. Not to worry, it was a lot milder than I anticipated and tasted more like pickled green chilli with a slight kick.

I found the burger to be delicious, the beef patty was well cooked (even though it looked dry visually) and the brioche bun was soft as. And the hot chips (bad boys) were crunchy but soft inside. Yum!

For drinks, I had the 100% Fresh Watermelon Juice on my first visit and the Homemade Strawberry Lemonade on my second visit. Both drinks were refreshing and MO had the light chocolate shake which was, according to her, delicious!



As we left, we could see a queue of people waiting to get a table. I can understand why. Paper Plane Café looks hip, and offers good food with friendly service. Nice!

My wishlist: Carne Asada Fries - Bad boys topped with chunky beef, salsa, smashed avocado, jalapeños and sour cream! :)

Paper Plane Cafe on Urbanspoon
Paper Plane Café
5/2 Horwood Place
Parramatta
NSW 2150
Facebook: Paperplanecafe

6 comments:

Ramen Raff said...

Love their Paper Plane burger! Wish the weekend service would improve. Nice space though! Parra is definitely becoming trendy!

Cindy said...

Hi Ramen Raff, thanks for dropping by! Yes, it does get very busy during the weekends. I have heard of about 45 minute wait for meals to be served. I was lucky the weekend I was there.

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

Have heard so many good things about this place. I can see why. Really feel like a burger and chips now!

Cindy said...

Hi Helen, the burger and chips trend is super hot at the moment. We are spoilt for choice! :)

Mr C @ The Food Diary said...

I keep hearing so many good things about this place, guess it's time to visit!

Cindy said...

Hello Mr C, I would def recommended a visit. Be prepared for having to wait for a table if during the weekends. They do get quite busy! :)