About Me

Food is one of my many joys in life. It is a common bond I share among my friends and family. Combining food and travel makes it all the more interesting. I enjoy going out for a good meal with friends and family. The array of various cuisines and our fantastic array of produce really makes Sydney such a great city to live in. Blogging is my hobby and my posts on restaurant meals I have had are paid for and not gratis. Any gratis provided to me will always be stated beforehand.

Saturday 26 October 2013

The Deck Sydney (Milsons Point, Sydney)

My dear friend MO kindly organised a lunch catch up recently. She came up with a list of 3 restaurant options and all I had to do was pick and choose one. After perusing each of their menus I decided for The Deck.

We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and discovered how spectacular Sydney can be when the sun is out and the skies are as blue as!!! Walking around just under the Harbour Bridge and soaking in the sun and beautiful views made me appreciate once again how lucky I am to be living here!!!!! :)

I was excitedly taking so many pictures. I was behaving like a tourist (lol). MO was laughing at my excitement too.

We eventually walked along the pier and found The Deck. It is literally at the doorstep of Luna Park. And we were seated at a table with a view, yay!


For entree I had the Chorizo stuffed squid. It was served with a smokey tomato sauce and peppercress. Parts of the squid were quite charred which lent to the smokey taste. And I have a weakness for chorizo so I definitely did enjoy the dish. Seafood and chorizo - yum!

MO decided for something a little different and it was a dish I had not heard of before. Manti Turkish Dumplings - lamb filled and topped with tomato sauce and yoghurt. She loved the dish and I had a bit to taste and I must say it was really delicious! There was an exotic flavour to the lamb mince and the sauce with it was great! A good combination.

For mains we had the Romesco de Peix which was Spanish seafood stew of clams, squid, prawn, fish and chilli. We both loved the dish and could have had more, if we could have fitted it in! Honestly the sauce was packed full of flavour and I would have loved some slices of bread to soak up the sauce. Maybe something for the chef to consider in the future, i.e. throw in some bread with this dish?

For dessert I had the Lemon and ginger polenta cake with poached rhubarb and clotted cream.

MO had the Valhrona Chocolate mousse with raspberry coulis and shortbread wafer.

I quite enjoyed my dessert, it wasn't as heavy in texture as I anticipated which was a good thing. MO had a bit of mine to taste and felt my dessert was better than hers.

For me, the highlights were definitely the entree and the main dishes.

But we enjoyed our lunch, the views were great from the table and we had a great catch up. Not much to complain about, that's for sure! It was a perfect way to while away on a Saturday afternoon with Sydney at its glorious best!

Deck Sydney on Urbanspoon
The Deck Sydney
1 Olympic Drive
Milsons Point
www.thedecksydney.com

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

chocolatesuze said...

wow everything looks great esp the stuffed squid!

Cindy said...

Reply to chocolatesuze: thank you! :)

Helen (Grab Your Fork) said...

Sydney is a stunner! And lol nothing wrong with being a tourist in your own town! The chorizo stuffed squid sounds sensational.

Cindy said...

Lol! Thanks Helen! :)